Confirmation at Our Lady Star of the Sea
Classes for teens who wish to be confirmed will begin in September. Click here for more info. For adults seeking confirmation (all those past high school age) contact Deacon Bill at the office or send an email for information.
The Sign(s) of the Sacrament of Confirmation
- The Anointing of the forehead with the holy oil;
- Laying on of (the minister’s) hands;
- The words: “N., Be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
Institution by Jesus Christ
“Now when the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent them Peter and John, who went down and prayed for them, that they might receive the holy Spirit, for it had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit.”
The Grace (effect)
These are the effects of Confirmation:
- increases the grace given at Baptism;
- gives an indelible spiritual mark, which is characterized by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit;
- strengthens the Christian to profess the faith in an open manner and to fight against all temptations and difficulties.