— Bishop Joseph Tyson Cornerstone Conference 2014.
“All of us must care for life; cherish life with tenderness and warmth. Caring for life from the beginning to the end…what a simple thing, what a beautiful thing. Go forth and don’t be discouraged. Care for life. It’s worth it!”
— Pope Francis
Our Mission Statement
PREPARES is a hand’s up ministry to serve ALL in need of items for babies and children in our parish and community. At Our Lady Star of the Sea, Bremerton, via our Mary’s Little Tots Shop, it is our desire is to instill a cooperative exchange community of gently used or new items to help those who could use it and to help new or struggling parents in need of support. For those needing additional support, know you are not alone. Caring, trained companions are available for both moms and dads who could use a friend. We will walk with you on your parenting journey from the moment you said, “Yes” to life and through your child’s sixth birthday. You can come to the parish office and fill out a form seeking assistance or come to our shop. Someone from our team will contact you to see how we can help your situation.
Questions & Answers
WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS OF OPERATIONS?
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.
IS TRAINING REQUIRED?
DO I HAVE TO BE THERE EVERY TUESDAY, AND HOW MANY HOURS DO I WORK EACH MONTH?
WHAT KIND OF VOLUNTEER SUPPORT DOES PREPARES AND MARY'S LITTLE TOTS SHOP NEED?
- Organizing a baby shower
- Being part of a Motherhood or Fatherhood Support Group
- Donating to a PREPARES Mary’s Little Tot’s Shop
- Help to collect, sort and inventory donated items
- Being a shopper for new items
- Helping to set-up, break down and work Mary’s Little Tots Shop
- Assisting parents who visit our store
- Marketing and office support
- Supporting a diaper or donation drive
- Assembling PREPARES Bags with essential childhood items
- Walking/Companioning with first time or struggling parents