THEME: “Unborn Lives Are Precious”
As the student writes their essay, they should demonstrate how much they appreciate the aspects of human life.
Below are some suggestions to consider when writing their essay. They should be creative and try to expand on the suggestions or develop their own ideas relative to the beauty of life and why it is so precious. It’s all up to them.
- Some ideas can be oriented around families, Church and/or neighbors.
- Some ideas can be oriented around small babies or a fetus in the womb.
- Some ideas can be oriented “If Unborn Lives Are Children of God” how should we treat them?
- Remember to focus on the theme – “Unborn Lives are Children of God”
- Open to all students in 7th and 8th grade.
- Typed entires are limited to one page: Single or double spaced; 1″ margins; smallest font 10
- NO fancy fonts
- Hand printed entries must be on college ruled paper, two pages maximum.
- Attach entry form to BACK of essay. One entry per student.
Entry forms can be found in the Parish Office or you can write your own on a separate sheet of paper and attach to back upper right of essay with the following information:
- Phone Number
- E-mail (optional)
- School (If homeschooled, please indicate so)
- Council 1379 Bremerton; Grand Knight – John Devine
- Parents should encourage their children but not help them prepare essays
- All entries become property of the Knights of Columbus.
All Essay entries must be submitted by Friday, February 2, 2018 at Noon.
Judging by parishioners will be on Sunday, February 11, 2018 in Camerman Hall from 9:15am-1:00pm
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Winners will be notified in the Bulletin or through the School
The Knights of Columbus reserve the right to disqualify any entry deemed inappropriate.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Earnest/Rose Ryan at 360-732-8924