WHAT WILL YOU BECOME BY DAY 91?
It Involves a Little Extra Prayer
Daily readings and reflections from the book of Exodus get us in the habit of engaging scripture. A minimum of 20 minutes of silent mental prayer helps make space to hear the Lord speak daily.
It Has an Important Group Component as Well
Meeting once a week – they provide a format for the meeting, prayer and conversation. Meetings are only a half-hour to an hour.
And Then There is Some Fasting & Penance
- Take short, cold showers
- Practice regular, intense exercise
- Get a full night’s sleep (at least seven hours is recommended)
- Abstain from alcohol
- Abstain from desserts and sweets
- Abstain from eating between meals
- Abstain from soda or sweet drinks (white milk and unsweetened tea are permissible)
- Abstain from television, movies, or televised sports
- Abstain from video games
- Abstain from nonessential material purchases
- Only listen to music that lifts the soul to God
- Only use the computer for work, school, or essential tasks (e.g., paying bills)
- Only use mobile devices for essential communications; nonessential texting, app, and internet use is prohibited
- Practice fasting days: Wednesdays and Fridays (abstain from meat and only eat one full meal, as well as two smaller meals that together are not equal to a full meal)
And for women Saturday, January, 11th at 10am in Camerman Hall.
For more information visit: https://exodus90.com