- This event has passed.
Shroud of Turin Presentation
Sunday, April 28 @ 1:30PM in Camerman Hall.
The Scientific Evidence of the Shroud of Turin with critical analysis of medical forensics and historical data.
Presented by Larry Galen Larson, ACHS – Certified by the American Confraternity of the Holy Shroud.
Is the Shroud a Medieval Forgery?
The Shroud of Turin is the most researched artifact in human history and even with all the most advanced scientific methods of observation and tools to test of modern science, they cannot explain how the image of a man was created. They can only thus far determine with certainty what it is not!
- It is not a painting – No paints, pigments, or dyes have been found on the image bearing thread fibers with 25 solvents tested
- It is not a scorched image from a heated statue – Does not fluoresce under UV Illumination.
- It is not a rubbing of iron oxide – Image does not consist of any iron oxide.
- It is not some form of medieval photograph – Not produced by any light process and with no silver salts formed.
- It is not produced by an artist of any kind.
There are no chemical or physical methods known which can account for the totality of the image.
About Larry Larson:
Larry Galen Larson was invited to be among the first-ever class of presenters to be certified at The Shroud Center of Colorado studying under Dr. John & Rebecca Jackson. In 1978, Dr. Jackson lead the famous STURP project, a team of 33 American scientists to conduct the most comprehensive scientific research to date of the Shroud. Larson attended the International Shroud Scientific Research in Pasco, WA in 2017. He also traveled to Turin, Italy to view the Shroud at the 1998 Shroud Exhibition. He was certified by the ACHS in 2017.