Towards the end of this month we will say farewell to Katherine Brown our current Director of Evangelization. Everyone here at Star of the Sea wishes the Brown family the best as they begin a new chapter in their life! The following is a job description for the Director of Evangelization and how to apply:
Director of Evangelization
Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, Bremerton, WA
The Director of Evangelization supports the mission and vision of Our Lady Star of the Sea parish through the development, direction and implementation of the Parish Missionary Internship program and the Youth and Adult Faith Formation programs.
- Collaborates with the pastor and leadership team in implementing the mission of the parish. This is accomplished by participating in the comprehensive planning, implementation and evaluation of the parish’s goals, objectives and current programs, with a specific emphasis on evangelization and community life.
- Directs the Parish Missionary Intern program, which includes overseeing the recruitment, hiring, training and overall formation of the missionary interns throughout their year of service.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the Youth Faith Formation programs by providing guidance & support to the missionary interns and parish volunteers who coordinate and serve as leaders/mentors to the teens.
- Programs include Teen Confirmation Preparation, Sparks Middle School group, Ignite High School group, Fidelis & Fraternus mentorship programs.
- Assist the pastor in developing and overseeing the various Adult Faith Formation opportunities offered in the parish, encouraging parishioner participation and leadership in small group studies, parish missions and leadership training opportunities offered in parish or in the Archdiocese.
- Administrative duties associated with the development and implementation of a comprehensive faith formation program; includes utilizing the parish database, providing updates on parish website and social media, assisting in development of marketing strategy and materials.
- Maintains a current level of knowledge and skills required to serve as the direct administrator of multiple programs in a parish. Opportunities for on-going training offered through Archdiocese.
- Active, engaged member of a Catholic parish who demonstrates experience in witnessing to the Catholic faith
- Demonstrates a passion for the parish mission and creativity in improving parish goals.
- Previous professional experience in an administrative management position, with proven success developing and prioritizing multiple programs
- Previous experience interviewing, hiring and providing on-going training and formation to others
- Ability to work independently, resolve conflict, and develop solutions to issues that arise
- Strong detail orientation
- Demonstrates a mature personal awareness for developing healthy, constructive relationships with fellow staff and parishioners
- Bachelor’s degree