Join us at our 6th Annual Dessert Auction!
Saturday, October 12 @ 6:30pm
Camerman Hall (church basement)
This is our Sister Parish Ministry’s largest fundraiser event with fun for the entire family! Admission is free and all are welcome!
All proceeds are utilized to help with development projects in our Sister Parish, primarily in the areas of education, healthcare, and access to clean water.
-Dessert Auction – Silent Auction – Entertainment
-African Craft Market – Beer & Wine
– East African Hors d’Oeuvres – Children’s Menu & Activities
Questions? Contact Tammi Murray: 360-990-0900 | email@example.com
Fun for the Whole Family
- This year, our primary goal is to raise $10,000 to help with the construction of a new maternity and imaging ward at Nyakishenyi Health Centre. Our secondary goal will be to raise at least $1,000 for our water projects. We have nearly completed funding our next two water tanks and the money we raise will help us install the 9th & 10th rainwater storage systems in our Sister Parish!
- Last, but certainly not least, we will hold our second “battle of the tables” to “fill the bag” and raise money for our Sew ‘n Sews group that makes reuseable feminine hygiene kits for girls and post-partum women in our Sister Parish. Lack of adequate hygiene supplies and sanitation facilities help keep girls in school. The winning table will be awarded with a special dessert lovingly made by one of the professional-level bakers here at Star of the Sea.
- Julius Ssentume will provide us with contemporary Ugandan entertainment. We will have an African Craft Market, a silent auction with over 50 gift baskets to bid on, and over 30 desserts made by some of the best bakers in Kitsap County!
- We will offer free beer & wine – yes, we will offer you free beer & wine, but we will sell you water to help raise money for our water projects – as well as Three Avocados Ugandan coffee and Generosi-tea. Tamu Foods will cater again this year, offering delicious East African hors d’oeuvres.
- Our Dessert Auction is a family-friendly event for all ages. Sarah Kindle has planned a fun children’s safari with a kid-friendly African-themed menu and crafts for our younger guests. We will also be holding our second annual Children’s Bake Sale. Our younger bakers in the parish are invited to make their favorite treats to help us purchase play parachutes for the 13 primary schools in our Sister Parish.