If you missed our latest bulletin (Oct 1), it included the parish’s annual financial report, which can be viewed here
H O W T H E M O N E Y C A M E I N:
Sunday Collections: Sunday Collections totaled $1,312,471 and are down 1%. Sunday Collections: Sunday Collections totaled $1,312,471 and are down 1%.
ACA Rebate: We collected 94% of the pledges and donated $97,006 toward the remodel of the Convent.
Special Gifts: Of the $44,494 collected for Special Gifts, $10,426 were Legacy Gifts.
W H E R E T H E M O N E Y W E N T:
Administrative Salaries & Benefits: Our parish employed, one full-time Pastor, several visiting priests, four full time and three part time office staff members, totaling $261,102.
Liturgy: Within our Liturgy expenses, Star employed one full-time music director, (who oversees three choirs), two paid cantors and two paid organists at a cost of $88,530.
Hospitality & Outreach: Volunteers purchase and prepare food for funerals and Sunday hospitality. Our parish outreach includes Stephen Ministry, the Gabriel Project, homebound services, and the Star Seniors Group. $8,800 was donated to St Vincent DePaul.
Christian Discipleship: OLSOS employed a full-time Director of Evangelization and Discipleship, a part-time Children’s Ministry Director, five baby sitters, and facilitated three Missionary Interns. This group of employees and missionaries headed up 15 ministries for Children through Adults at a cost of $214,461.
School Support: Your generosity funded $83,156 in direct financial aid to 16 families who otherwise could not afford a Catholic education for the children. In addition another $130,079 was provided to the school to help pay the costs of salaries, materials, utilities and facilities.
Facilities: Our parish employed one full-time facilities manager and part-time rectory cleaner, custodian and groundskeeper. Along with insurance, repairs, maintenance & utilities, this expensed out at $282,219 last fiscal year.
W H A T W E H A V E & W H A T W E O W E:
At the end of June 2017:
- Checking Account Balance: ($51,697)
- Savings Account Balance: $104,674
- Loan Balance: $476,460
- School Endowment Fund: $984,450
- Capital Improvement Fund: $20,303
- Fulfilling the Vision Collections: $824,172
P A R I S H F I N A N C I A L R E P O R T:
D E S C R I P T I O N S O F I N C O M E & E X P E N S E S:
I N C O M E:
Sunday Collections: Tithing from parishioners, special collections, Holy Days of obligation.
- Envelopes & Online: $1,233,809
- Loose: $55,045
- Holy Days: $23,617
- Total: $1,312,471
ACA Rebate: Amount refunded from the Archdiocese collected above our annual goal.
- Total Pledged: $254,799
- Archdiocese Assessment: $146,807
- Total Payments Received: $243,813
- Total Rebate: $97,006
Special Gifts: Unrestricted donations made to OLSOS and offerings made for funerals, baptisms, weddings, and Sunday Mass.
- Shrines: $10,049
- Lighthouse CD’s: $3,646
- Legacy Gifts: $10,426
- Liturgy Fees & Stipends: $4,521
- Special Collections: $12,387
- Flowers: $2,135
- Hall Rental: $1,330
- Total: $44,494
Program Revenue: Fees for Youth & Young Adult programs, special parish events & retreats.
- Hospitality: $10,469
- Adult Programs: $4,156
- Children’s Programs: $1,410
- Youth Programs: $3,644
- Young Adult Program: $84
- Total: $19,763
Total Income: $1,473,734
E X P E N S E S:
Salaries & Benefits: Payroll, associated taxes and benefits for parish staff and clergy.
- Clergy & Administrative Salary: $198,474
- Taxes: $14,264
- Clergy & Administrative Benefits: $48,365
- Total: $261,102
Business & Office: Items required to make the Parish Office function. This includes paper, printing, advertising, copier lease, & office supplies.
- Office & Rectory Supplies: $26,831
- Lighthouse CD’s & Publications: $14,695
- Equipment Lease: $21,719
- Technology: $11,269
- Bank & Processing Fees: $45,510
- Advertising: $8,659
- Permits & Licenses: $5,675
- Travel, Retreats & Conferences: $26,269
- Total: $160,627
Liturgy: Candles, hosts, wine, linens, vestments, missals, incense, liturgical books and all items used for liturgy.
- Music: $88,530
- Altar Supplies: $6,614
- Flowers: $5,241
- Vessels & Vestments: $7,417
- Banners & Linens: $1,545
- Sacristy Supplies & Equipment: $4,626
- Total: $113,973
Hospitality and Outreach: Donations to other charities. This category also includes Sunday hospitality, Altar Server Boot Camp, and other parish life events.
- Outreach Ministries: $28,573
- Hospitality & Appreciation: $39,269
- Charitable Donations: $8,800
- Total: $76,642
Religious Programs: RCIA, Bible Study, TMIY, Adult Programs, Mother’s Group, Parish Library, Youth & Young Adult Ministries and Missionary Interns.
- Sacramental Preparation: $37,689
- Adult Programs: $18,578
- Young Adult Programs: $1,782
- Youth Programs: $70,121
- Children’s Programs: $27,950
- Childcare: $11,375
- Missionary Interns: $46,966
- Total: $214,461
School Support: Amount paid to the school for the school’s operating budget and tuition assistance.
- Tuition Aid: $83,156
- Parish Subsidy: $130,079
- Total: $213,235
Facilities: Insurance, electrical, heating, water, telephone, internet access & gas. Repairs & maintenance on the church, parish office, gym, parking lots, center and rectory.
- Insurance: $46,346
- Facility Repairs & Maintenance: $133,665
- Convent Remodel: $97,006
- Interest Expense: $27,333
- Utilities: $74,875
- Total: $379,225
Archdiocese Assessment: Amount that is assessed by the Archdiocese of Seattle based on the parish’s collections: $78,557
Total Expense: $1,497,822
S T E W A R D S H I P R E P O R T:
| 2017 S T E W A R D S H I P |
- Parish Families with a 2017 Stewardship Pledge – 579
- Total Amount Pledged for 2017 Stewardship – $1,116,156
- Total Recorded Amount Received as of September 2017 – $1,002,763
- Parish Families Recorded Giving without a 2017 Stewardship Pledge- 625
- Total Amount Received – $231,046
- Loose Cash/Anonymous Received – $55,045
| 2017 A N N U A L C A T H O L I C A P P E A L |
Total Amount Pledged for 2017 ACA
Parish Families with a 2017 ACA Pledge.