Fraternus is a Brotherhood of Disciples. The masculine heart yearns for a challenging and formative brotherhood. Boys and men often find it in sports, social groups and similar gatherings, but they rarely find it in the Church. Fraternus is changing this by fostering a brotherhood rooted in virtue and in the richness of the Catholic Faith.
What Makes Fraternus Successful?
Fraternus challenges men to a virtuous life through personal prayer, participation in the Sacraments and meaningful involvement with their parish. As men grow in holiness, the Holy Spirit compels them to pass this on to the next generation. Fraternus trains and equips these men and entrusts them with the challenge to mentor boys into virtuous Catholic men .
Mission Statement To mentor boys into virtuous Catholic men.
• Parish Based: The program is sponsored by a parish and executed by adult male volunteers from the parish. We recognize the importance of building community, so each FRATERNUS Chapter is integrated into the life of the parish.
• True Mentorship: Boys are formed into virtuous Catholic men through True Mentorship. Our volunteers learn and practice True Mentorship which is a model that consists of three steps: 1. Seeking Holiness, 2. Building friendships and 3. Mentoring.
• Thinking With the Mind of the Church: The content for each week’s topic is centered around the Gospel for the upcoming Sunday Mass. Through discussion, prayer and a concrete challenge centered on Christ’s message each week the Brothers have an opportunity to enter more fully into the prayer and life of the Church.
• Virtue Centered: The FRATERNUS program is centered on practicing virtue: the habitual and firm disposition to do what is good. The content covers the Cardinal and Theological virtues with emphasis on a sacramental life.
• Prayer: We ask prayer commitments of our volunteers because the soul of our apostolate is prayer. We believe the success of our labor relies on listening to the Lord and following His lead.