- Color a picture of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel or a brown scapular.
- Do a scapular craft project out of brown paper bags.
- Make and eat this delicious "Carmel Crown Cake."
- Decorate your home by making this beautiful Our Lady of Mt. Carmel lantern.
- Learn about the brown scapular.
- Go for a family hike.
- Read this beautiful message from Pope John Paul II to the Carmelite family in 2001:
"The Scapular is essentially a 'habit'. Those who receive it are associated more or less closely with the Order of Carmel and dedicate themselves to the service of Our Lady for the good of the whole Church... Those who wear the Scapular are thus brought into the land of Carmel, so that they may 'eat its fruits and its good things' (cf. Jer 2: 7), and experience the loving and motherly presence of Mary in their daily commitment to be clothed in Jesus Christ and to manifest him in their life for the good of the Church and the whole of humanity..." Read the rest here.
After reading all that, I think I will go dust off my scapular and put it on! Happy Feast Day!