Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic School
Founded in 1926, Our Lady Star of the Sea School is a K-8 elementary parish school. It is one of sixty Catholic elementary schools in the Seattle Archdiocese. Our Lady Star of the Sea School serves families living in Bremerton and in surrounding Kitsap County communities, including Belfair, Port Orchard, Poulsbo, Kingston, Silverdale, and area naval installations.
Our Lady Star of the Sea School provides well-rounded spiritual, academic, and co-curricular programs aimed at forming active Catholics, active learners, and active citizens. It is state-approved and accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.
Our Lady Star of the Sea is a Catholic parish school. Along with parents, who are the primary educators of their children, the staff and Star of the Sea community are committed to providing and promoting:
- Christ-centered instruction and formation in Catholic doctrines, liturgy, traditions, and social justice teachings;
- A student-centered learning environment that encourages cooperation, self-discipline, and appreciation for diversity;
- An affordable and accessible education that strives to develop the whole child;
- An excellent academic program with age appropriate instruction that encourages life-long learning;
- Opportunities to practice good citizenship by serving the community to further the Kingdom of God.
Student Learning Expectations
Graduates of Our Lady Star of the Sea are:
1. Active Catholics Who
- Participate in the life of the Church
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and application of Catholic doctrine
- Understand and use different prayer forms
- Evangelize through word and action
2. Active learners who
- Demonstrate subject knowledge and application of basic skills
- Are able to think critically, logically, and independently
- Strive to reach potential in all academic and creative areas
- Acquire 21st century technology skills
- Understand the correlation between a healthy body and a healthy mind
3. Active citizens who
For more information, please visit the school website at school.starofthesea.net
- Apply Catholic Social Teaching to build the Kingdom of God
- Have an awareness of and appreciation for diversity
- Show respect for self and others
- Demonstrate accountability for actions and attitude
WCEA AccreditationOur Lady Star of the Sea Catholic School is accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA). WCEA accredits Catholic elementary and secondary schools in nine western states (26 dioceses and archdioceses) and the US Territory of Guam. WCEA co-accredits and is in partnership with three Regional agencies (WASC, NAAS, NCA CASI) and two private agencies (CAIS and HAIS). WCEA began in 1957 in San Francisco and has a long and successful history of assisting school improvement through the accreditation process.
2010-2011 RegistrationTo register, you can download and print out the 2011-2012 Registration Form, and return a completed copy to the school office.